Here are my reasons to be cheerful this week!
1. Today is my first ever CHILD FREE day. It means that all three of my kids are in school and nursery until at least 3.15pm.
I dont quite know what to do with myself!
2. We got to complete a weekly food shop alone for the first time in i dont know how long. Oh it was glorious sailing round the aisles of Tesco without telling several children to stop, put things down and no they cant have it 100 times before we reached the checkout.
3. I got to play loud music in the car! This can never happen if we have Katie with us. She hates all loud noises and i always get shouts of 'turn it down!' followed by endless questions about random nonsesne, so today made a nice change.
4. Autumn is arriving! Its my most favourite season. I love that inbetween warm and cold stage, where you can wear a cardi/hoody/trainers or boots but not need a massive winter coat. I love all the changing colours, the starts of new school terms, the upcoming Halloween, Birthdays and Christmas. Its always got an air of excitement about it.
5. TV. I love my soaps. I look forward to them every night. I eagerly get the kids tucked in and then take my place on the sofa in readiness for that evenings worth of drama. Its good this week with a big drama in Corrie, arthur aka fatboys cute face in Eastenders and of course the X factor over the weekend. Another reason why autumn is brilliant.
So there are my reasons to be cheerful this week. If you want to join in then pop over to the guest host for this week - Bod for tea and join in!
1. Today is my first ever CHILD FREE day. It means that all three of my kids are in school and nursery until at least 3.15pm.
I dont quite know what to do with myself!
2. We got to complete a weekly food shop alone for the first time in i dont know how long. Oh it was glorious sailing round the aisles of Tesco without telling several children to stop, put things down and no they cant have it 100 times before we reached the checkout.
3. I got to play loud music in the car! This can never happen if we have Katie with us. She hates all loud noises and i always get shouts of 'turn it down!' followed by endless questions about random nonsesne, so today made a nice change.
4. Autumn is arriving! Its my most favourite season. I love that inbetween warm and cold stage, where you can wear a cardi/hoody/trainers or boots but not need a massive winter coat. I love all the changing colours, the starts of new school terms, the upcoming Halloween, Birthdays and Christmas. Its always got an air of excitement about it.
5. TV. I love my soaps. I look forward to them every night. I eagerly get the kids tucked in and then take my place on the sofa in readiness for that evenings worth of drama. Its good this week with a big drama in Corrie, arthur aka fatboys cute face in Eastenders and of course the X factor over the weekend. Another reason why autumn is brilliant.
So there are my reasons to be cheerful this week. If you want to join in then pop over to the guest host for this week - Bod for tea and join in!
I'm with you on the solo shopping trip. Going on your own is heaven!
ReplyDeleteIts just so peaceful! yet strange lol.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on some 'me' time! Loving the loud music in the car reason, good for you :D
ReplyDeleteI love the X factor too and I am ready to snuggle up with some good telly on these colder nights.
ReplyDeleteContinue to enjoy yoru time alone. Mich x
Great reasons to be cheerful, I hope you enjoy your child free days,I'm sure you deserve it - I've just got one and he can be very hard work!
ReplyDeleteThank you everyone. It has been a long time coming! Id like another though... must be mad lol.
ReplyDeletemake the most of it! I am loving my very brief periods of me time and can't wait for my son to go full time at school so I can relax :-)
ReplyDeleteNot sure what i'll do next year when i have all 3 in full time school. Be bored probably!
ReplyDeleteThis is my fave this week I think, so upbeat and I empathise on so many fronts. I have 3 children too and got mine off to school last year. Still working out a year later what to do with me now apart from blogging of course.
ReplyDeleteI love playing loud music too and miss doing so along with solo shopping trips although squeeze some of those in these days.
I share your love of Autumn, soaps and the X factor.
Glad it's not just me that isn't allowed noise in the car - he's normally telling me to stop singing though! Enjoy your peace :)
ReplyDeleteA lovely cheerful post, I am usually a lover of Summer and don't like the cold much but I am loving getting my lovely boots out again. Nice to get some time to yourself too. Have a good week
ReplyDelete:-)
I am looking forward to wearing my uggs again too! definitely the best footwear invented :)
ReplyDelete