I thought id quickly write about this moment before i laughed it off and then forgot about it.
My kids always hanker after some form of dessert after their dinners. Sometimes they are allowed, sometimes they are not but they usually always try their luck anyway.
Knowing we have some strawberry cornettos in the freezer, they had asked last night for one after their dinner. I told them no and like a bad parent, told them they could have one tomorrow instead, hoping that come tonight, they would have forgotten what i said.
Not my children.
I was sitting here in my now nice and toasty living room realising to my delight that bedtime was soon upon us and thinking to myself 'I hope they dont ask for ice cream' as its close to bedtime now and Sophie always gets herself covered.. and just as the thought entered my head a little voice belonging to my middle child Katie pipes up 'Can we have an ice cream!?'
Dammit.
But since i had just thought it, and she appeared to have read my mind, added to the fact that id told them all yesterday that they could, i looked at the 3 expectant faces before me and said 'oook go on then.'
Three pairs of feet all scampered off to the kitchen as quickly as they could and i now have three little girls sat on the sofa eating ice creams in their best dresses.
Ahhhh such is a life of a child :)
My kids always hanker after some form of dessert after their dinners. Sometimes they are allowed, sometimes they are not but they usually always try their luck anyway.
Knowing we have some strawberry cornettos in the freezer, they had asked last night for one after their dinner. I told them no and like a bad parent, told them they could have one tomorrow instead, hoping that come tonight, they would have forgotten what i said.
Not my children.
I was sitting here in my now nice and toasty living room realising to my delight that bedtime was soon upon us and thinking to myself 'I hope they dont ask for ice cream' as its close to bedtime now and Sophie always gets herself covered.. and just as the thought entered my head a little voice belonging to my middle child Katie pipes up 'Can we have an ice cream!?'
Dammit.
But since i had just thought it, and she appeared to have read my mind, added to the fact that id told them all yesterday that they could, i looked at the 3 expectant faces before me and said 'oook go on then.'
Three pairs of feet all scampered off to the kitchen as quickly as they could and i now have three little girls sat on the sofa eating ice creams in their best dresses.
Ahhhh such is a life of a child :)
Haha. Magical mind reading childrem. I love it! Hope they didn't male too much mess.
ReplyDeleteIt wasnt too bad lol makes a change! xx
ReplyDelete