Wow.. my first post in October and its already the 19th.
So we have already established that i am a rubbish blogger. I dont know where the time goes tbh.
Since getting the kids back into school and being busy with work, i havent had much time (or really anything to write about!) but hopefully i can do better from now on.
Its been one of those dreary afternoons today. The sort where i cant seem to wake up, the kids have been bickering and pestering, making me resort to wearing the other halfs massive headphones and turning the music up to blast them out of my earshot and where they get jacket potatoes for dinner because - its just one of those days.
I also sent out a SOS to my old driving instructor. I have decided that despite being taught (very well i may add) by him, i cannot park to save my life. I happily drove into a space between two cars last night only to find that when i wanted to reverse out of it, i couldnt do it. I had thought i could go back in a straight line and then steer my way out but no. The car next to me made it a tricky situation and after almost ending up in tears over the stupid car and with thoughts of abandoning it and walking home, i finally did it.
I have a lesson booked on Friday.
Its also the time of year when the heating has finally been switched on. I was trying to hold out until at least November but im sorry tight fisted other half - it has to be done now. We're going to get another winter like last year, i can feel it.
We also went to visit the brother in law at his army barracks a couple of weeks ago. We had gone to pick him up and bring him home for the weekend as he had completed part 1 of his training so it was nice to be shown around, given some demonstrations and of course the best bit! - Having a sneaky look or ten at all the lovely young men in their army uniforms ;-) brother in law excluded of course, because that would just be gross.
So thats a basic round up of whats been going on here. Life as usual!
So we have already established that i am a rubbish blogger. I dont know where the time goes tbh.
Since getting the kids back into school and being busy with work, i havent had much time (or really anything to write about!) but hopefully i can do better from now on.
Its been one of those dreary afternoons today. The sort where i cant seem to wake up, the kids have been bickering and pestering, making me resort to wearing the other halfs massive headphones and turning the music up to blast them out of my earshot and where they get jacket potatoes for dinner because - its just one of those days.
I also sent out a SOS to my old driving instructor. I have decided that despite being taught (very well i may add) by him, i cannot park to save my life. I happily drove into a space between two cars last night only to find that when i wanted to reverse out of it, i couldnt do it. I had thought i could go back in a straight line and then steer my way out but no. The car next to me made it a tricky situation and after almost ending up in tears over the stupid car and with thoughts of abandoning it and walking home, i finally did it.
I have a lesson booked on Friday.
Its also the time of year when the heating has finally been switched on. I was trying to hold out until at least November but im sorry tight fisted other half - it has to be done now. We're going to get another winter like last year, i can feel it.
We also went to visit the brother in law at his army barracks a couple of weeks ago. We had gone to pick him up and bring him home for the weekend as he had completed part 1 of his training so it was nice to be shown around, given some demonstrations and of course the best bit! - Having a sneaky look or ten at all the lovely young men in their army uniforms ;-) brother in law excluded of course, because that would just be gross.
So thats a basic round up of whats been going on here. Life as usual!
No comments:
Post a Comment