Thursday, 25 August 2011

R2BC ~ Reasons to be Cheerful

My reasons to be cheerful this week;

1. Despite all the rain, we have had lots of warmth and sunshine inbetween. The sun always cheers me up when it comes out.

2. The school holidays are almost over! I love the kids dearly but they, and i, are very ready to go back to school now.

3. I am ready, at last, to pass my driving test! This has taken me a year to get to and i have overcome many fears and phobia's along the way.

4. I have bought almost all the kids school uniforms in one fell swoop! Just a few more things to get tomorrow and we are all done!

5. I have discovered Ben & Jerrys cookie ice cream sandwich. This is absolute HEAVEN on earth and if you havent tried one then do.. ASAP.

6. I also discovered that ASDA is the only place that sells my childhood favourite drink - UmBongo. I quickly purchased many cartons of this today.

7. Eastenders is having a good drama filled week. I love it when i can look forward to watching eastenders of an evening.

8. I have found a cheap obedience class for my naughty puppy Billy close by. Im hoping we can start that soon.

I think thats it for this week!


Reasons to be Cheerful at Mummy from the Heart

9 comments:

  1. Lots of reasons. I like that. Yes sunshine after rain lifts the spirits. Well done on the driving front. I am a very late learner and really do need to believe I can pass once I summon up courage to book a lesson that is. So you are inspirational to me. Good organisation the back to school front, anyone would think you were desperate for them to go back lol. Great reasons altogether. Will be doing mine tomorrow as far too worn out right now to think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello :)
    Thanks for the comment! It took me 5 years to pluck up the courage to book a driving lesson, then i felt physically sick and had a really bad stomach on the morning of my first lesson.
    During the lesson i was shaking like a leaf, sweating and i couldnt drive 50 yards without having a panic attack and having to pull over. I have alot to thank my instructor for and its taken me almost a year to get this far. Another reason i have got as far as i did was because i am learning automatic and not manual. It really does make a world of difference. Good luck if you do ever pick the phone up! Its life changing xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a successful week! Good luck with your driving test x

    um bongo, um bongo, they drink it in the congo...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no - now I'm singing UmBongo we drink it in the jungle! That will be stuck in my head for days!
    Good luck for the driving test whenever it is. I think it's harder learning when you're not 17 - you know what to be scared of. I was the most sensible 17 year old I knew and I thought nothing bad would ever happen to me. Well done for getting that far - sounds like you've climbed a mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry everyone for the Um Bongo song! LOL.
    Thanks Rebecca, im so proud that i have got this far and have overcome my fear. It certainly is alot different doing it at 26 than it would have been at 17! I wish i had taken the plunge back then but hindsight is 20/20 lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooo congrats re driving lessons! Good for you. And I LOVE your blog design btw, scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes well done on the driving. I'm 38 and still can't drive. It would make the nursery run 15 mins instead of an hour so I must learn this year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow a fabulous list. Thanks so much for joining in with reasons to be cheerful, lovely to have someone new on board.

    Good luck with your test and yes I am sinigng unbongo they drink it in the congo....

    Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the well wishes everyone. Only a week and 2 days to go! :-S

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...